Saturday 11 February 2012

Assignment 2 - Photo Manipulation Assignment








 

Looking out.

 


 

 


 




These are a couple pictures I have chosen to edit from my archive. The photographs were all taken my using my Nikon D40. The lenses used for these pictures are my standard kit lens (Nikon 18-55mm) and my Vivitar 35mm f1.9. The editing program I have used for these pictures is Adobe Photoshop CS5.1. These shots have been taken across the world during my journeys to the U.S., Australia and around Canada. To enhance these pictures the main editing tool I used is the "Brightness/Contrast" setting. I basically just put the picture into photoshop and from there used that tool to enhance the colours in the pictures. I mainly shot in auto mode because I rarely had a chance to adjust my manual settings. As a result the colours in most of my photos were dull, hence the need to edit them. By increasing the contrast in the pictures, the colours became more bold and vibrant. My preference in the photos I take and edit is bright colours. I like to exaggerate all the blacks and colours within all my photos to allow the viewer to be drawn directly to the photo.

By adding darker and deeper colours my photos are best viewed on a high-resolution monitor. This allows the viewer to see all the colours clearly. I also use this main editing tool to draw the attention of the view to the whole photo instead of one main object. By editing the photo as a whole instead of just certain parts of it, the viewer can see the picture as a whole instead of one object just standing out. Also by increasing the contrast in certain photos it also darkened shadows which allowed certain objects to stand out slightly without drawing too much attention to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment